Welcome to QuickPass!
QuickPass allows you to begin the blood donation process from the comfort of your home or office, saving you time at the blood drive. We think you’ll find the process quick, easy, and efficient!
You must complete the QuickPass on the day of your donation only. Once you’ve responded to the questions, you will be given the option to print or email your QuickPass barcode. This is a critically important step! The QuickPass barcode is what we will use at the blood drive or donor center to access your responses. We cannot access your QuickPass responses at the blood drive – you must bring a printed copy or email it to yourself for access from your smart phone.
Three Easy Steps
Your QuickPass process will be completed in three easy steps:
- READ the educational materials
- ANSWER the health history questions
- PRINT or EMAIL your QuickPass barcode
Some Things to Keep in Mind
- You must complete the QuickPass process on the day of your donation.
- You must answer the questions honestly and confidentially.
- QuickPass does not determine your eligibility to donate; that will be done at the time of your donation.
- You must complete the questions in a single session. If the system times out, you will have to start over from the beginning.
- You will need access to a printer or a mobile device to email the results to.
- If you are unable to access or complete your QuickPass, please complete the questionnaire in person at your blood donation.
Donor QuickPass FAQs
Donor QuickPassTM allows you to begin the blood donation process from the comfort of your home or office, saving you time at the blood drive. We think you’ll find the process quick, easy, and efficient!
- What is Donor QuickPassTM?
Innovative Transfusion Medicine’s Donor QuickPassTM is a web-based, computer assisted self-interview program that allows blood donors like you to answer required health history questions independently, in a private setting at a time that’s convenient for you ON THE DAY OF YOUR DONATION.
- How does it work?
You can access Donor QuickpassTM from www.itmblood.org on the day of your donation. Using this web-based format—accessible from any computer with internet access—you are able to answer health history questions confidentially, print out a bar-coded receipt that contains your hidden responses, and bring it with you to your donation appointment. If you do not have access to a printer, you can email the barcode to yourself and bring your mobile device with you when you donate.
- How far in advance can I complete my Donor QuickPassTM?
Your health history questions can only be completed on the same day of your blood donation. Online interviews completed prior to 12:00 AM the day of donation will be invalid and you will have to repeat the interview at the time of your donation.
- What are the benefits of using Donor QuickPassTM?
Because you will have already completed your required health history questions prior to your donation, the process will potentially be shortened—reducing time away from work and personal commitments.
- Are the responses kept confidential?
Yes, the only personal information printed on your donor receipt is your name. In addition, Donor QuickpassTM is designed to timeout after a period of inactivity so no one can access your confidential health history responses.
- Does Donor QuickPassTM determine my eligibility to donate?
No, Donor QuickPassTM does not determine your eligibility to donate; that will be done at the time of your donation.
- Is Donor QuickPassTM the same as a donation appointment?
A Donor QuickPassTM is not the same as making an appointment to donate. If you would like to schedule an appointment either at a blood drive or donor center, please visit www.itmblood.org for blood drive and donor center locations and hours.
- What equipment is needed?
You’ll need high-speed internet access. A high-quality laser printer and paper are also recommended. Some ink jet printers may not provide a high enough quality barcode for the scanners to read.
- What are the technical requirements and limitations?
- Donor QuickPassTM has been shown to work with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Donor QuickPassTM is compatible with Windows and Mac OS X.
- Donor QuickPassTM has been shown to work on Windows computers running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Donor QuickPassTM requires Adobe Reader.
- Donor QuickPassTM is supported on Android or Apple iOS mobile devices.
- Upon completion of Donor QuickPassTM online, you can choose to email yourself a receipt and display on your mobile device at your appointment.
- Innovative Transfusion Medicine cannot provide technical support outside of our own network boundaries. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
We appreciate your patience while we continue to expand our Donor QuickPassTM system. Innovative Transfusion Medicine strives to provide the latest technology capabilities to our donors and are diligently continuing to improve upon our technical systems.
- What if I can’t access Donor QuickPassTM from my work computer?
Innovative Transfusion Medicine makes the Donor QuickPassTM available, securely through standard protocols, to all internet users. However, access to it may be restricted on some employers’ or service providers’ networks, for reasons of their own. If you have difficulty accessing or completing the Donor QuickPassTM, please contact the technical support team at your organization. Innovative Transfusion Medicine cannot provide technical support outside of our own network boundaries.
- Will I have to answer the questions again when I arrive to donate?
Typically not. An ITM staff member will scan your Donor QuickPassTM donor receipt and review your responses. In rare instances, you may have to answer the questions again at the time of donation if:
- Your donor receipt is lost, or the bar code on the receipt cannot be read by the scanner.
- Donor QuickPassTM is not completed on the same day as your blood donation.
- If computer systems are down at the time of your donation.
- What if I answer a question incorrectly?
You will have the opportunity to go back and correct your answers at any time during the interview process by selecting the “Review Answers” button. If you have already completed the interview and printed your Donor QuickPassTM donor receipt, you should notify a ITM staff member of your desire to change an answer.
- What if I’m not sure how to answer a question?
Using Donor QuickPassTM, you can skip a question and review it with a Donor Specialist at the time of your donation.
- Am I required to answer all the questions?
No. You will continue to have the option to complete your health history interview one-to-one with a Donor Specialist at the time of your donation.
- Does Donor QuickPassTM ask different questions than a typical health history?
No. All blood donors are asked the same required health history questions—regardless of the format used to answer them.
- What if I lose my barcode receipt?
Please print, save, or email your barcode receipt to yourself. If you lose your barcode receipt you will need to complete a new health history questionnaire, either online or at the donation site.
- What if I am unable to donate after I have completed the Donor QuickPassTM?
Innovative Transfusion Medicine realizes our donors sometimes face scheduling issues that can interfere with their planned donation. However, because your interview responses must be answered on the day of your donation, you will need to answer them again if you reschedule your donation for another day.
- Why do I have to answer questions every time I donate?
All donors complete a new health history interview before each donation as a safety measure for both the recipient and the donor.